Marketing & Communications Assistant
The Oakland Peace Center is hiring!
The individual we’re looking for is someone who’s a natural communicator and brings with them enthusiasm for the process of sharing, advocating, and inspiring folks’ involvement in peace and justice work in Oakland. This individual may or may not have direct experience in the field but should be interested in or looking to grow into the vocation of communications and marketing.
Helpful experience in any combination:
- Writing: creative, marketing, technical
(Are you a strong writer?)
- Social media: the Book, the Gram, the Twitterverse
(Are you fluent in communicating via social?)
- Creativity: graphic design, photography, art
(Are you creative?)
- Community: organizer, marcher, poster-maker, rabble-rouser
(Are you peace & justice oriented?)
Please let us know if you have any of the following qualifications specifically:
- Web design/Adobe Creative Suite/Canva
- Blogging experience, and/or Writing as a neutral party (not first-person)
- Wordsmithing; strong editing skills
- Experience helping grow social media presence
- Desire to learn!
Tasks during any given week:
- Promoting OPC and partner events, initiatives, and opportunities for engagement
- Creating engaging social media posts
- Interviewing and writing short profiles of our partners
- Recruiting for and writing monthly e-News
- Donor database assistance
- Assisting with events
Hours per week: 10, on site
Rate of pay: $10,000/year, paid monthly. (This is a contract position.)
Send an email that communicates what you have to offer the Oakland Peace Center to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a resume and any samples of your work (or send us a link to work you’ve done). Applications taken on a rolling basis until position is filled. Priority goes to early applicants (applicants who can start as early as March).